Board Logo
« What Ant stuff you listening to today? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2017, 03:45am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  14 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What Ant stuff you listening to today?  (Read 27559 times)
jmoog
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #120 on: Dec 23rd, 2008, 9:32pm »

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. Of all of the members of Genesis I love Ant's music the most. I remember the first Ant album I bought was "Private Parts And Pieces I". I took the record home and after listening to it I decided that Anthony Phillips was a sadly underexposed genius. I'm sorry for writing that here but I thought that some of you might appreciate a little background on my discovery of Ant's music.

I listen to Ant's music the most while walking. I walk about 4 miles a day and I listen to Ant's music on shuffle mode. In the Winter i tend to listen to "Antiques" and "Twelve" a lot. Those two albums evoke the thought of icy Winter days for me.
User IP Logged

AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #121 on: Jan 4th, 2009, 01:32am »

on Dec 23rd, 2008, 9:32pm, jmoog wrote:
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. Of all of the members of Genesis I love Ant's music the most. I remember the first Ant album I bought was "Private Parts And Pieces I". I took the record home and after listening to it I decided that Anthony Phillips was a sadly underexposed genius. I'm sorry for writing that here but I thought that some of you might appreciate a little background on my discovery of Ant's music.

I listen to Ant's music the most while walking. I walk about 4 miles a day and I listen to Ant's music on shuffle mode. In the Winter i tend to listen to "Antiques" and "Twelve" a lot. Those two albums evoke the thought of icy Winter days for me.


Welcome jmoog !
Huge Ant fan here - listen to his music every day at some point !
He is indeed vastly underrated!
Rosie x
User IP Logged

bluegirl
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4351
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #122 on: Jan 4th, 2009, 08:33am »

on Jan 4th, 2009, 01:32am, MonsterMouse wrote:
Welcome jmoog !
Huge Ant fan here - listen to his music every day at some point !
He is indeed vastly underrated!
Rosie x


Not sure I should admit this, but I know nothing about Ant Phillips music.
What would you suggest I start with?
User IP Logged

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right - Henry Ford.
AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #123 on: Jan 4th, 2009, 1:10pm »

on Jan 4th, 2009, 08:33am, bluegirl wrote:
Not sure I should admit this, but I know nothing about Ant Phillips music.
What would you suggest I start with?


I personally always recommend Anthology as a good starting point for Ant's music as it contains great 'tasters' of many of his albums.
I hope this may prove to be the start of a long and happy relationship with his music for you !!! grin
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2009, 1:11pm by AFlower » User IP Logged

bluegirl
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4351
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #124 on: Jan 4th, 2009, 3:30pm »

on Jan 4th, 2009, 1:10pm, MonsterMouse wrote:
I personally always recommend Anthology as a good starting point for Ant's music as it contains great 'tasters' of many of his albums.
I hope this may prove to be the start of a long and happy relationship with his music for you !!! grin

Thanks Rosie.
I'll order this up and let you know what I think.
User IP Logged

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right - Henry Ford.
mercurykid
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #125 on: Jan 5th, 2009, 4:46pm »

on Jan 4th, 2009, 08:33am, bluegirl wrote:
Not sure I should admit this, but I know nothing about Ant Phillips music.
What would you suggest I start with?


I have never listened to his music grin
User IP Logged

jmoog
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #126 on: Jan 5th, 2009, 11:06pm »

on Jan 4th, 2009, 01:32am, MonsterMouse wrote:
Welcome jmoog !
Huge Ant fan here - listen to his music every day at some point !
He is indeed vastly underrated!
Rosie x


Thanks for the warm welcome Rosie. Indeed I find it frustrating that a composer and musician of the calibre of Anthony Phillips has had such a hard time over the years getting his music heard with all of the record label problems and issues he has dealt with. A truly superb artist!!!!!!
User IP Logged

AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #127 on: Jan 7th, 2009, 1:13pm »

Today I have been listening to Soundscapes, The Living Room Concert and Sides grin

In fact I have listened to some Ant music every day of 2009 so far - and plan continue in that vein for the rest of the year grin
User IP Logged

AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #128 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 3:37pm »

Wise after the event ! grin
User IP Logged

AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #129 on: Jan 11th, 2009, 12:35pm »

Archive Vol II grin
User IP Logged

bluegirl
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4351
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #130 on: Jan 16th, 2009, 2:04pm »

Anthology - Thanks for the recommendation Rosie.

CD finally arrived and I've fallen in love with it.
User IP Logged

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right - Henry Ford.
AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #131 on: Jan 17th, 2009, 02:18am »

on Jan 16th, 2009, 2:04pm, bluegirl wrote:
Anthology - Thanks for the recommendation Rosie.

CD finally arrived and I've fallen in love with it.


I am SO pleased - this really is a great album for a 'taster' of his excellent work !
grin
User IP Logged

Rail
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 289
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #132 on: Jan 17th, 2009, 09:53am »

on Jan 16th, 2009, 2:04pm, bluegirl wrote:
Anthology - Thanks for the recommendation Rosie.

CD finally arrived and I've fallen in love with it.


yeah thats the very same route I took thanks to Rosie. Anthology is just magnificent and an excellent introduction to his work.
Im wondering what album to go for next now... wink
User IP Logged

Gimme steam....
AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #133 on: Jan 18th, 2009, 12:46pm »

on Jan 17th, 2009, 09:53am, Noodlehead wrote:
yeah thats the very same route I took thanks to Rosie. Anthology is just magnificent and an excellent introduction to his work.
Im wondering what album to go for next now... wink


Now this is a harder one to advise. I have most of Ant's albums and I love them all - BUT some of them I have had to grow to love, they have not been an instant 'hit' but I would always advise giving them more time if you are unsure at first hearing.
Slow Dance is my all time favourite album. but I love Tarka, TG&TG, Wise and Sides very much too.
I think you can't go too far wrong with trying Geese or Wise next and maybe even Archive I or II
Not helping much am I ? !!!!! rolleyes

What the heck .... buy them all !!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
User IP Logged

AFlower
Guest
xx Re: What Ant stuff you listening to today?
« Reply #134 on: Jan 18th, 2009, 12:48pm »

And ..... to get this thread back on track !!!! wink

Today I have been listening to Soundscapes and Field Day !! grin
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  14 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls