Board Logo
« Scratch my back »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 21st, 2018, 10:21pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  11 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Scratch my back  (Read 6069 times)
DAVE
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 388
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #90 on: Mar 30th, 2010, 05:05am »

Had a good listen to the album last night and to be honest not impressed at all sad How can someone with so much talent produce rubbish like this sad
User IP Logged

Fabrizio
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Can you tell me where my country lies?


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3241
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #91 on: Mar 30th, 2010, 07:16am »

on Mar 30th, 2010, 05:05am, DAVE wrote:
Had a good listen to the album last night and to be honest not impressed at all sad How can someone with so much talent produce rubbish like this sad


Personally I do not think it's rubbish but I find it very much below normal PG standards.....Again, after OVO and UP.
And decades go by
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2010, 1:04pm by Fabrizio » User IP Logged

DAVE
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 388
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #92 on: Mar 30th, 2010, 12:52pm »

on Mar 30th, 2010, 07:16am, Fabrizio wrote:
Personally I do not think it's rubbish bit I find it very much below normal PG standards.....Again, after OVO and UP.
And decades go by


Maybe rubbish is to strong a word, but i wonder by producing an album like this is he running out of ideas
User IP Logged

Fabrizio
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Can you tell me where my country lies?


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3241
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #93 on: Mar 31st, 2010, 07:43am »

on Mar 30th, 2010, 12:52pm, DAVE wrote:
Maybe rubbish is to strong a word, but i wonder by producing an album like this is he running out of ideas


According to his 'latest', (and in his case I use the term freely) interviews he had more than 150 songs, that was at the time of UP, I/O has been ready for some time now, so I don't think that's the problem
User IP Logged

harolddemure
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

its no fun being an illegal mouse alien


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 306
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #94 on: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:35pm »

details about the special edition of scratch my back are available. looks amazing, too bad its 300 bucks shocked

guess i shouldnt have waited around to get the regular version.
User IP Logged

Susan13
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 594
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #95 on: Apr 13th, 2010, 06:40am »

This is the only Peter Gabriel I haven't bought. It's way too melancholy! It's ok to have a few sad songs, but you don't want your listener's to hang themselves. Mix a little upbeat in it.
User IP Logged

NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5221
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #96 on: Apr 26th, 2010, 5:01pm »

Really disappointed with a lot of this new album. He makes Leonard Cohen sound like The Shamen. All very depressing and only a couple of songs come over as quite nice. If only a few of the songs got above pedestrian pace then it would have been slightly better. Heroes is poor, Mirrorball loses so much while Street Spirit shows Peter struggling to reach high notes on a song he basically murders. I like Apres Moi, Power of the Heart, Philadelphia and Flume.
User IP Logged

Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16607
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #97 on: Apr 27th, 2010, 04:41am »

on Apr 26th, 2010, 5:01pm, NedFlanders wrote:
Really disappointed with a lot of this new album. He makes Leonard Cohen sound like The Shamen. All very depressing and only a couple of songs come over as quite nice. If only a few of the songs got above pedestrian pace then it would have been slightly better. Heroes is poor, Mirrorball loses so much while Street Spirit shows Peter struggling to reach high notes on a song he basically murders. I like Apres Moi, Power of the Heart, Philadelphia and Flume.


Well, I donīt think it is rubbish as someone said above, but I am quite disappointed as well with this work, although some covers are good imo. But I totally agree with you Ned, and I think we are not the only ones who think that way, when you say he murders Street Spirit tongue. I think he could have made a better cover for sure!. rolleyes
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
harolddemure
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

its no fun being an illegal mouse alien


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 306
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #98 on: Apr 28th, 2010, 5:50pm »

lou reeds solsbury hill released today. if it shows up on youtube someone let us know, ill buy it if its on vinyl or cd but no itunes for me tongue
User IP Logged

harolddemure
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

its no fun being an illegal mouse alien


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 306
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #99 on: Apr 28th, 2010, 6:24pm »

hey i foind it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDweK9-j9w

very different. im not sure how i feel. would love to get this pair on a 7" though!
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #100 on: Apr 30th, 2010, 7:22pm »

Sorry to read some of these negative opinions.

I think that SMB is one of the best things he's done in a long time. A fascinating work; creative and heartfelt, with terrific material. The live versions he does are amazing. cool
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
anaesthetist
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 857
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #101 on: May 6th, 2010, 06:48am »

Most of the songs have grown on me(Listening Wind,Heroes) but Boy In The Bubble I'm not impressed with still and I agree with Ned about Street Spirit
User IP Logged

he's such a fine dancer
NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5221
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #102 on: May 6th, 2010, 2:37pm »

on Apr 30th, 2010, 7:22pm, HENRY wrote:
Sorry to read some of these negative opinions.

I think that SMB is one of the best things he's done in a long time. A fascinating work; creative and heartfelt, with terrific material. The live versions he does are amazing. cool


Creative if you want to run a razor across your wrists grin. Seriously, how can you produce a covers album with such morose material? The album cries out for an uptempo song. Yes, it has 2-3 nice tracks but I simply cannot stand Peter crucifying Mirrorball and Street Spirit.

Each to their own I guess but I want an album of new material from Peter - well overdue.
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #103 on: May 7th, 2010, 10:22pm »

on May 6th, 2010, 2:37pm, NedFlanders wrote:
Creative if you want to run a razor across your wrists grin. Seriously, how can you produce a covers album with such morose material? The album cries out for an uptempo song. Yes, it has 2-3 nice tracks but I simply cannot stand Peter crucifying Mirrorball and Street Spirit.

Each to their own I guess but I want an album of new material from Peter - well overdue.


IMO, I'd say that criticizing the music strictly in terms of tempo misses out entirely on what this work has to offer. Yes, to each their own...
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Fabrizio
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Can you tell me where my country lies?


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3241
xx Re: Scratch my back
« Reply #104 on: May 13th, 2010, 1:21pm »

on Apr 28th, 2010, 6:24pm, harolddemure wrote:
hey i foind it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDweK9-j9w

very different. im not sure how i feel. would love to get this pair on a 7" though!


I am quite sure how I feel about it but there are kids and Ladies present cheesy
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  11 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls